Sunday, October 17, 2010

PE_2 StoryJumper

Before I started creating I wanted to explore with StoryStarter a tool that StoryJumper provides to help start your story.  I thought I would explore with this tool to see if it would be beneficial for the students in my class who have trouble with starting a story.

What I found was a rather large list of character, setting, problem and solution discussion with only words and no pictures.  There was a worksheet to be filled out as well to organize the story.  I was a little disappointed because this tool seems to be geared toward a younger audience but the StoryStarter portion of it is geared for 5th and 6th grade students.

I wouldn't be able to introduce this portion of the site to my students.  I was hoping the site would provide specific step-by-step help in creating a story.  Something that I do like is that there are several stories to read and look at as examples.  I think this is how I will introduce the site to my students.  We will read and look at several stories before we begin creating individual stories.
This is an example of one of the books that can be read on the site.  

No comments:

Post a Comment